Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
CHICKEN AFRITADA for my Filipino dish share on Memorial Day
- 1 Kilo boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 5 medium size potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 green & red bell pepper,sliced into strips
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Heat oil in a cooking pot or wok.
- Saute garlic and onions.
- Add chicken and slightly brown.
- pour the tomato sauce and broth. bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add potatoes and continue cooking.
- When potaotes are cooked, add the green and red bell peppers and simmer for an additional minute or two.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and serve with steamed rice.