Saturday, May 22, 2010

SPRING ROLL IN SPRING TIME

My bestfriend’s birthday is coming up. So, I thought of making spring rolls. I have to choose what vegetables I have to use because most of his family members don’t eat vegetables. So I prefered to use cabbage and carrots; they like these two vegetables,(at least) and ground beef. Guess what? A day before my bestfriend’s birthday I made 25 pieces as a trial and guess what? His Granny was able to eat almost half of it. Everybody has surely like the spring roll I made with a sweet and sour sauce for dip. Hearing a comment such as “ohm…If you didn’t cook that dish, I don’t know if I can be able to eat a food like for the rest of my life”, sound like bells to my ears. If they ever like it, especially the one who made that comment, (he doesn’t eat vegetables) I am sure visitors would like my spring roll. Do you know how many did I make? Well, a hundred pieces and it's like a blockbuster movie that day. At the end of the day, the family decided to include my spring roll for family tradition dish, just like the cottage cheese that they always have.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....what a compliment my friend. I am sure it tastes good because even the picture of the spring roll looks so delicious. Have a nice day my friend and welcome to the world of blogging... You will meet good people here....

    ReplyDelete